Thursday, August 1, 2013

10,000 Steps!



Today was the first time since I got my Fitbit that I got to 10,000 steps!  One thing I like about the Fitbit is its constant encouragement.  If I haven’t moved in a while, when I go to look at the screen it will say something like “You Rock!”  My Ipod will give me notifications that say “walk XXX steps to reach your next milestone!” and I get email updates on my phone when I reach new milestones.

Keep on moving!

 It feels good to have walked that many steps.  My normal range of steps is anywhere between 2,000 (on my lazy days) to about 8,000 on my most active days.  But today I did some extra walking when I went to the Notary with my Dad (we put the car in my name so I could move it to my insurance!  My 2007 Ford focus Hatchback is officially mine! Woot!), and then walked Walmart for a little while, getting the ingredients for a zucchini tart I plan on making tomorrow. 

Food Diary for 7/31/13:

1 Dannon Light & Greek Strawberry-80 calories
7.5 oz Chicken Breast-240 calories
1 Serving General Tso’s Tofu-335 calories
1 cup steamed broccoli-55 calories
3 Sunsweet Individual prunes-60 calories
1 pkg Kellogs Cookies & Cream Crisps-100 calories
1 cup raw blueberries-83 calories
1 cup coffee with 2 tbls creamer-60 calories
Total Calories-1013

I did walk for about 40 minutes yesterday, but because I didn’t do much moving after that, it didn’t adjust any extra calories.

The General Tso's tofu was a recipe I was hesitant to try.  I'm used to seeing tofu as this pasty white blob on the salad bar, and I wanted to see if I could make it into something tasty.  I sadly wasn't able to get pictures, but here is the recipe.  It turned out surprisingly well!  The sauce is the star here, and I will probably make the sauce again.  The tofu was good, but unremarkable, so I don't see myself going out of my way to use it more often.

Music Addition

Today’s addition, in honor of 10,000 steps, is a song about walking!  I Would Walk 500 Miles by the Proclaimers!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment