Monday, July 29, 2013

Angels



Today the world has lost a truly great woman.  While I’m not a religious person, I’d like to believe that she is an Angel now, because if there was anyone who was deserving of it, she was.  

An Angel's Perch, as my Grandma would say

My Aunt Val was amazing!  She was my mother’s sister and best friend, and I ache to know how much my mother is hurting right now.  For her, I will stay strong and be that pillar of strength she needs from her daughter.  My Aunt helped raise me when I was a child, teaching me some of the things that have shaped me into the woman that I am.

Though time and distance has made staying in touch harder, my love for my Aunt has never diminished.  I was lucky enough to see her in March, and we were able to have a great time and do the things she enjoyed doing!  She saw me at my heaviest weight, and the one regret I have is that she won’t get to see me at my goal weight.

So this is my promise to you, my dear Aunt Val:  Every inch, every ounce, every dress size, I lose it all for you.  You died struggling with your health from fighting off cancer, and I know you wouldn’t want anyone else to suffer those same issues.  Being overweight increases all those risks, and I won’t let that happen.  I love you Aunt Val, I always have and always will.  May you Rest in Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment