Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!!





I don’t have much to write today because I will be spending the day with my Fiancé, his sister and her husband, his mom and her husband, and my Mother.  My Dad sadly has to work today, and has to work for 10 more days before he gets a day off.  I’m sure my soon-to-be mother-in-law will make him a tasty plate of food to eat tonight, she really does make food for an army!

Fun Facts About Today

  • In July of 1776, there was an estimated 2.5 million people living in the newly independent United States.  In July of 2013, there are approximately 316.2 million people living in the same area.
  • The Fourth of July is the most popular holiday for grilling out (90% of grill owners), followed by Labor Day (77%) and birthdays (76%).
  • The English word “barbecue” came from the Arawak Indians of the Caribbean. The barbacoa was a grating of green wood upon which strips of meat were placed to cook or to dry over a slow fire.
  • Potato salad and potato chips are popular food items at Fourth of July barbecues. Approximately half of the nation's spuds were produced in Idaho or Washington state in 2011.

Food Diary for 7/3/13:

1 Lean Cuisine Grilled Chicken Caesar-250 calories
1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Strawberry-80 calories
Coffee w/ 2 Tbls Creamer-60 calories
1 cup Cheerios multi-grain cereal-110 calories
1 1/3 cup Steam Fresh Super Sweet Corn-140 calories
1 Fiber One Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie-90 calories
3.5 oz Ribeye Steak-270 calories
Total calories:1000

Walked for 35 min for 139 calories

Total NET calories: 1000-139=861 calories

I’m not sure why I did not eat up to my calorie limit yesterday.  A lot of the day I just wasn’t very hungry, even after going for my walk.  I’m nervous to go below 1000 calories because I know that can be dangerous if not medically supervised.  I need to make sure I get all of my necessary nutrients.

Also, I cheated a little and stepped on the scale today.  After the past 2 days of exercise (albeit yesterday wasn’t a whole lot of exercise), and low eating, I wanted to make sure I was doing okay.  The good thing is that I’m down to 207.7 lbs!!  The bad thing is that in a couple hours I will face the smorgasbord that is my soon-to-be mother-in-law’s table, so I’m not expecting that weight to stay that low.  As it’s a holiday, I will not be counting my calories today, but I will be keeping an eye on portions, and I hope to have some details about it tomorrow!

Music Addition

In honor of the holiday, I’m choosing a fun song with an appropriate theme: Firework by Katy Perry.



I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys the holiday!  Protect yourself with sunscreen, don’t drink and drive, and have a great time with whatever you choose to do!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment