Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stormy Days




Storm Incoming!!!!!!
I both love and hate stormy days.  The picture above was taken at my parent’s house yesterday, and let me tell you, it stormed almost all day after that.  Thunder, lightning, strong winds, you name it.  It’s one of the almost daily things we face living in PA in the summertime.

The good thing about storms is that they are absolutely beautiful to watch.  Especially from my parent’s house, their front porch has amazing views of the sky, and it’s not obstructed by huge trees or buildings.  When I look outside my windows, I have trees obscuring my view, so they’re not as much fun to watch at my apartment.

The bad thing about storms is that they are loud, and that sets my dogs off.  It literally puts them on edge and they are excited and excitable, and bark at the tiniest of things.  Well, they kind of do that anyway, but the storms just exacerbate it.  Same with fireworks. 


If I plaster this everywhere, will people stop setting them off?
 
Luckily for me, I was able to get a walk with the dogs in between storms today, as it stormed early this morning and just started storming now.  I had wanted to go for about an hour, but after 35 minutes the clouds were looking ominous and there were a few raindrops here and there, so I called it a day.  35 minutes is better than nothing.

Food Diary for 7/2/13:

1 Fiber One Chocolate Pretzel Chewy Bar-90 calories
1.5 cups Sweet and Sour Chicken-336 calories
1 Cup White Rice-242 calories
¼ cup Steamfresh Broccoli and Cheese-23 calories
4oz Hatfield Pork Tenderloin-120 calories
½ cup Rice-a-Roni Rice Pilaf-155 calories
1 Fun Size Reeses Peanut Butter Cup-80 calories
1 Blue Bunny mini cone-140 calories
Total calories: 1186

1 hour Elliptical for 525 calories

Booyah!


Total: 1186-525=661 calories

So yesterday was my first workout day where I was way under my NET calories for the day.  I was within the 1200 calories, but I did not eat back any of my exercise calories.  I wanted to see how I felt doing that, because I’m debating whether I want to eat back those calories or not.  Will it help me lose weight if I don’t? Can it mess up my metabolism? Can it cause me to stall?

Finding that balance is key to losing weight…If you eat too much, you won’t lose because there is not enough calorie deficit.  If you eat too little, your body goes into a “starvation” mode and you won’t lose because your body is trying to store everything it can.  It seems like there is this itty bitty little window where you will get the perfect balance to lose weight steadily.  Here’s hoping I found my window!

Music Addition

Today’s addition is Paralyzer by Finger Eleven



Good beat, good sound, good for lots of different things!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment