Friday, July 26, 2013

Don't Panic!


Always carry a towel


 So last night I had a panic attack.  Sometimes I’ll get mild ones that will resolve themselves overnight for silly things, but last night’s was about money.  Those panic attacks are never mild, and will generally leave me a shaking, anxiety-ridden mess until the AM when I can do something about it.  Considering I had this panic attack around 1am, I had a long ways to go yet, already running on very little sleep and not expecting to get any more.

My guild leader gave me some very sound advice that helped a little, “you can’t do anything about it now, worry about it in the morning.”  That helped!  But I was still so chock-full of adrenaline that I was practically wired.  I couldn’t continue to play WoW the rest of the night, my mind was just too shaken up, and I wouldn’t be able to watch television because nothing was keeping my interest. 

I used Melatonin for the second time, taking one of the tiny little vitamins with a whole bottle of water (food was not going to settle, even though I had extra calories left), then grabbed my Nook and decided to read.  At first it was hard to focus, to get into the mindset of the character (I’m on book 5 of the Sookie Stackhouse series.  I’ve read them before, but long ago and I found that I wanted to re-read the series before reading the last book the author just published), but as the melatonin worked it’s magic, my mind soothed, and I was able to read a couple of chapters before finally getting to sleep.


Awwwwwwww

I was able to resolve everything this morning that caused my panic to rise, thank goodness.  I’ve still got some lingering anxiety, but I’m hoping it will dissipate as the day goes on.  I’ll be spending some of the afternoon with my best friend and her baby, and it will be nice to get away from my apartment and just have a nice day.  Not planning on spending any money (we are going to Kohl’s), just some much needed time with someone other than my fiancé and dogs (while I love them dearly, spending every moment with them is too much).

Food Diary for 7/25/13:

3 “Piggies in a Blanket”-360 calories
10.5oz skinless chicken breast-336 calories
2 cups coffee with 4 tbls creamer-120 calories
Total calories-816

I didn’t work out yesterday, so there are no exercise calories to subtract.

Looking at that extremely short list of things I ate, I am not happy.  The piggies in a blanket (Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls and the lean beef franks.  I sliced the franks in half, wrapped each half in a crescent roll and baked at 350 for 12 minutes.  Each piece was 120 calories!) and chicken were spread out over the day, but still, when written down like this it’s depressing to see how little I ate yesterday.  Today will be better!

Music Addition

Today’s Addition is a fun dance song!  Canned Heat by Jamiroquai!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment