Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gretzy



In the not-quite 20 years I’ve live in Pennsylvania, I’ve adopted some terminology that apparently just comes from around this region.  My favorite is the title of this post:  Gretzy.  Upon doing a Google search, I discovered that there really is no definition of it that I can find (and that is after fixing the search results so that it did, indeed, search for gretzy and not “gretzky”), so I’m going to give you the best definition I can!



Gretzy means grumpy, cranky, angry, annoyed, bitchy, pissed off, “woke up on the wrong side of the bed”, and just about everything in between.  Perhaps even a little crazy, although that’s more of a hair-brained type of crazy rather than an “I’m going nuts don’t let me near anything sharp or explosive” type of crazy.

I don’t get like this often, thank goodness, but when I do I become this anti-social angry female who wants nothing to do with humanity.  What causes this, I’ve learned, is a horrid mixture of everything just going wrong.  For example, this is the lovely cocktail of things that’s caused me to be gretzy today:


  • lack of sleep.  I bought Melatonin on Tuesday, and used it Tuesday night, but not last night.  Melatonin is a vitamin sleep aid, and I have to say it worked, although I was a touch sluggish when I got up.  I do not want to be dependent on it, however, and decided I would only use it sparingly.  Last night when I went to bed, I thought I was relaxed enough to fall asleep on my own.  I was wrong.  I did not fall asleep until 5:30 am.  Then my fiancé came home at 8:00am, which got the dogs excited and got me awake enough where it took me a little bit to go back to sleep.  I finally fell asleep around 9:00am to have myself woken up again around 10:00am by my landlord who decided, at 10 in the morning, it was a good time to replace some shingles on the roof right above my bedroom.  To add insult to injury, his ladder was right outside my bedroom window.  I did not get any more sleep today.
  • PMS (sorry guys).  I have this pain in my abdomen that’s not quite sharp enough to really be pain, but it’s noticeable, and it has just enough edge that instead of feeling like curling on a couch with a good book, I get angry about it.  I have things I need to do today, dammit, and this takes my normally large supply of patience and funnels it down the drain!  I swear if someone even looks at me wrong today I’m either going to scream at someone or bawl like a baby.
  •  Things to do.  Okay, so there was bone-in chicken breast on sale, and I bought a lot of it.  3 packages worth, which gives me about 11-12 very large chicken breasts.  I need to cook it.  Before I can cook it, I need to clean the kitchen.  Before I can clean the kitchen, I need to unload the dishwasher.  Before I can unload the dishwasher, I need to take the dogs outside so they don’t have an accident inside.  It’s raining, and my dogs don’t like to pee in the rain.
  •  Anxiety.  I’m unemployed, so my money is finite.  I can’t find a full-time job with benefits and a reasonable pay to save my life within 30 miles.  I can’t go further out from that because I wouldn’t be able to afford gas.  I can’t move because what landlord would want to rent to a couple with two dogs at a reasonable cost, where only one person has a job?  My fiancé can’t support us both on his paycheck, and I wouldn’t want him to.  This eats at me every single day.

I can usually handle these things individually, but all combined means I am not a happy person.  The good thing is that these moods tend to come on quickly, and leave just as quick, so here’s hoping tomorrow is a much better day!  I’m just going to have to white-knuckle through today, get what I need done, and maybe try and relax later.

Food Diary for 7/24/13:

1 Serving Chicken Taco Casserole (12 servings per recipe)-165 calories
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla-120 calories
2 Tbls Reduced Fat Sour Cream-35 calories
2 Oscar Mayer Lean Beef Franks-120 calories
1 puch low sodium chunk light tuna-70 calories
1 laughing cow light cheese wedge-35 calories
1 multi-grain sandwich thin-100 calories
2 cups of coffee with 4 tbls creamer-120 calories
2 individual prunes-40 calories
1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Strawberry-80 calories
Total Calories-885

I did the Wii Fit for 30 minutes, doing the advanced step, advanced hula hoop and advanced boxing.  The Wii said I burned about 170 calories, but my fitbit didn’t adjust any extra. 

Yes I ate less than I was supposed to.  Yes I could have eaten more if I wanted to.  I didn’t want to.  Sure my stomach rumbled a little, but some water helped alleviate that.  I know it’s not good to go below 1200 calories unless medically supervised, but you know what? Today I don’t care.  It will take every ounce of willpower I have to not eat every single carb I can get my hands on today.  I’ll worry about not eating enough tomorrow.

Music Addition

Today is a day for angry music.  This is another popular songs for work-outs, Lose Yourself by Eminem (careful, it's the uncensored version).



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment