Thursday, July 18, 2013

New Shoes!

Don't you love my old-fashioned floor?


So yea, on Monday a couple of my friends and myself went to Kohls.  I had a 30% off coupon, so I wanted to get some new sneakers!  I saw these and instantly I wanted them.  The regular version was a bit snug around my feet, so I decided to go with the wide version in 7.5.  I checked to make sure they would still fit okay, and I put the box in the cart!

I get up to the counter, and had a moment of “oh crap”….I forgot to pay my kohls charge.  To get the 30% off, you need to use it, so as she’s scanning my card for the second time, I realize that I’m not going to get to save that 30%.  I tell her to take the coupon off and I’ll just use my bank card…there’s a line starting to form behind me, and I could feel my face turning red.

She says it won’t be any trouble to call, and I decline again knowing exactly what is causing the card to fail as she scans it for a third time.  I think her curiosity got the better of her and she wanted to see why the card was failing, and she called up to the financial department anyway….even though I protested again after she picked up the phone.

After spending close to 5 minutes verifying a bunch of things, she hands me the phone so the lady on the other end can tell me that she’s getting me in touch with the payments department.  I don’t think I sounded rude, but I cut her off and said that I will make the payment online then handed the phone back to the cashier.  I think she could tell I was a little upset…I was embarrassed!!  I did not want her to call the financial department, I already knew why it wasn’t working!



So I get home, making myself feel better by putting on my new shoes, and I notice something wrong.  I had to take a few deep breaths and calm my nerves a bit, but I realized wishing there wasn’t a problem wasn’t going to make it happen.  I had two Right Feet shoes.

Of course I was blaming both myself and the cashier…but after dealing with her earlier that day, I was mostly blaming the cashier.  I know it’s their job to check the shoes before they sell them to make sure they are a correct pair, and during the whole time where she was talking to the financial department without me wanting her to, she couldn’t take a few seconds to verify that my shoes were correct?



The good thing about me is that I don’t stay angry.  I was going over to my parents today, and was driving right by Kohl’s so I figured I’d stop in and fix the problem of having two right feet...err, shoes.  Luckily I had my receipt, so I parked in the furthest parking spot available (go me!!  Woot woot!! Gained an extra 750 steps /flex!!) and walked into the very furthest back part of the store where the customer service was at.

As far as problems go, it was fairly easy to fix.  Someone went and found me the correct shoe, and they just took the other shoe back and found it’s correct partner.  I was all set to leave when the customer service lady asked for my receipt.  I handed it to her, thinking she needed to scan or mark something off, and instead she wrote down the cashier’s name and ID and told me that she would make sure the cashier was reprimanded for it.

I did feel a slight twinge of guilt…after all, I should also have checked the shoes at some point to realize I didn’t have a correct pair.  The customer service lady must have seen my trepidation and she told me that it was standard procedure, but I couldn’t quite believe her…when she saw the cashier’s name her facial expressions told me that this was not her first transgression.

I do hope that nothing happens aside from maybe the normal “you forgot to check the shoes, now go ring out customers” conversation…it’s tough in the job market right now, and I wouldn’t wish unemployment on anyone.  But the moral of this story today is folks:  Always pay your bills, and always check the shoebox for a correct pair!

Food Diary for 7/17/13:

1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Strawberry-80 calories
1 4oz Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast-128 calories
1 1/3 cup Steamfresh Mixed Veggies with Asparagus-140 calories
1 Extra Mint Chocolate Chewing Gum-5 calories
1 serving Cinnamon Pita Chips-179 calories
1 2oz Skinless boneless Chicken Breast-64 calories
2 cups coffee with 4 total tbls creamer-120 calories
1 Ritz Cracker Fresh Stack-220 calories
2 Laughing Cow light cheese wedges-70 calories
Total calories-1006

Although I did go for a 30 minute walk (which was miserable, by the way…it was about 97 degrees in thick humidity), I noticed my Fitbit adjusted those calories down to 0 after my lack of movement the rest of the day.  It’s weird that I see the exercise calories adjust like that…I’d hate to eat back exercise calories and then realize I shouldn’t have.

Music Addition:

Today’s Addition is Give Your Heart a Break by Demi Lovato!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment