Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cake!


it was red velvet, with cream cheese icing….it was tasty!

So the wedding was interesting!  It wasn’t the type of wedding I would do for myself (at least ceremony-wise), but it was beautiful!  It was a Catholic wedding, so there were a lot of prayers, a lot of standing, kneeling, sitting, then standing again.  I’m not a religious person, so I was out of my comfort zone. 

Although the religion was very prominent, I’m glad I didn’t feel pressured.  I would have been even more uncomfortable if I would have had the impression I was doing wrong by not saying the prayers, or eating the communion wafer, etc.  I accept that people use religion as a way to focus their lives, and have something to believe in.  I personally don’t, and I really am happy that as I respected their need for religion, they respected my space.  Everyone was friendly, and the bride and groom had a great time!

Table Centerpiece!
The reception was held about 2 hours after the ceremony, so we had some time to kill before we needed to be there.  The fiancé was hungry, so we went over to starbucks for a little while, where I ordered an iced tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte (no whipped cream), which is surprisingly only 60 calories, versus the hot version which is 100 calories.  I also got the reduced fat berry coffee cake, which was very tasty!  Yea it was not quite in plan, but I didn’t want to be starving at the appetizer table, where I’d be tempted to eat a lot of things that are really not on plan, lol!

So while I wasn’t really going to count the calories for the day, I actually found myself tempted to try.  Here is what my food diary looked like!  Keep in mind, this is a lot of guessing, so it’s not as accurate as a normal day for me.

1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Pineapple-80 calories
3 small bacon wrappd scallops-150 calories
A small handful of broccoli and cauliflower florets-10 calories
1 4oz lean filet mignon-190 calories
Small mixed green salad-20 calories
Mixed veggies (green beans, sugar snap peas, asparagus, red bell pepper)-105 calories
3 red potato wedges (about 1/3 of a small potato)-50 calories
1 Slice Very Berry Reduced Fat Coffee cake (starbucks)-350 calories
1 iced tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte-60 calories
2 Malibu Bay Breeze drinks-280 calories
1 small slice red velvet cake with cream cheese icing-130 calories
Total calories-1425

With all the dancing and walking around that I did, my fitbit adjusted 179 calories, so my NET calories is 1246 for the day, which is only a scant 46 calories above my goal!  I’m happy that I was able to make reasonably good choices…I didn’t go off of what the calories said, I went off of just my intuition, and I wasn’t disappointed!  I’m hopeful that this means I will be able to transition to maintenance smoothly whenever that time comes!

Music Addition

Today’s Addition is a song that always finds itself in the list of wedding songs.  It’s beautiful, romantic, and a true classic!  Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment